Sunday, December 1, 2019

Welcome: Decorum

I intend there to be arguing and fights here.  If there are no fights and the goal has not been achieved there is no progress.  I want you to come as hard at me as you can on the issues to make sure we get this right.  Sometimes that means being nasty.  I personally think that is a good thing sometimes.  Titans need to collide and a winner must prevail in some circumstances.  Toughen up, take the heat, and let it roll off your back.  Sometimes a fighter just needs to take one more punch to see how to take down their enemy.

That being said, I try not to show my teeth at all costs, and would hope you adhere to the same standard.  My policy also means if you or I or someone you are arguing with is wrong it is of tantamount concern that you admit it rapidly, say sorry, and march on to the final goal as a unit.  Right now I am running this unit, and I will not tolerate the gossip or grudge matches.

This is a different policy, but this case is littered with leaders who moderate so they feel good about themselves, not to advance knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment